Machined from the lightest structural metal available, AZ31B Magnesium Alloy and then Electroless Nickel Boron Nitride Plated. The TRO designs Superleggera Version of the V2 oil filter cover weighs over 35% less than the Ducati part!
Features of the Mg Alloy TRO designs Oil Filter Cover for Ducati V2's:
- Boron Nitride Electroless Nickel (BNEN or NiB) Plated Magnesium Alloy - this extremely hard plating prevents corrosion and wear on the "soft" Magnesium Alloy. The combination leverages all the benefits of a lightweight metal yet with the abrasion resistance of a heavy, hardened steel
- NiB plating is ~70 Rockwell C (760 Brinell) vs 49 Brinell for bare AZ31B. Extremely low coefficient of friction
- Beautiful Satin Nickel Silver appearance is slippery to the touch
- Removable pin design allows easier and safer filter cover removal
- Intricately CNC milled from billet AZ31B Magnesium Alloy
- Includes (2X) Viton O-Rings and a 416 Stainless Steel Pin
- 35% Lighter than stock Ducati part (24.4 g vs. 37.7 g)
Due to the Electroless Nickel plating process, there is natural variation in the finish of the part. Earlier photos are of the original Chromate Conversion coated parts.
|DUCATI PANIGALE V2||All Years
|DUCATI PANIGALE 899/959/1199/1299||All Years