The TRO Superleggera is the Lightest & Smoothest Ratchet ever Produced.
Features of the Superleggera Ratchet:
- Intricately CNC Milled Titanium Chassis Ti-6AL-4V (Grade 5), the highest specific strength alloy available. The machining is no-expense spared - No compromises were made for manufacturability.
- Lowest Backdrag geared mechanism on the market @ 0.6 in-oz (43 g-cm) of torque to engage the next gear tooth (72 teeth). Anything below 3 in-oz is extremely smooth. More work is being applied to the fastener vs battling against the gear mechanism.
- Refined design for Optimal Strength to Weight ratio. Finite Element Analysis simulating 200 lbs (90.7 kg) applied at the handle:
DMLS Titanium 3D Printed Knurled Switch for ease of use with oily hands.
Available with Charcoal Black DLC (Diamond Like Carbon) or Gold TiN (Titanium Nitride) coatings. DLC offers an extremely low coefficient of friction (0.07-0.15) and very high surface hardness. Titanium Nitride coefficient of friction ranges (0.3-0.6). CONTACT US FOR MIXING COATINGS WITH YOUR CHOICES FOR FASTENERS/COVER PLATE/CHASSIS. A DLC COATED CHASSIS MUST BE PURCHASED AS A DLC COATED RATCHET OPTION, BUT CAN BE COMBINED WITH TiN COATINGS. FASTENERS CAN BE LEFT AS RAW TITANIUM BY REQUEST.
Shown below is a DLC Chassis, TiN Cover Plate, and Raw Titanium Fasteners.
- Tight machining tolerances allow for less slop in socket holding. The ratchet feels very tight and well made
- Each component is designed to the absolute limit. Even parts that are unseen when assembled are an engineering work of art.
- Custom machined Titanium Torx fasteners.
Lightest 1/4" Ratchet in production (without torque limitations). Total weight is 51g (1.8 oz). Typical ratchets this size weigh 100g. It's lighter than some 1/4" hex bit ratchets:
- Maximum failure Torque (3rd Party tested) is more than 73 ft-lbs (99 Nm), far exceeding the normal usage cases for 1/4" drive ratchets.
- TSA approved for carryon luggage. 1/4" drive tool length is 125 mm (5"). If James Bond carried tools, this would be in his kit. The 007 of ratchets.
The Superleggera's (Superlight in Italian) geometry was derived from Topology Optimization to remove all non-essential material, achieving the ultimate in stiffness to mass.
Designed specifically for travelling motorcyclists - because there are some places you can only get by bike, and lighter is always better.
PREORDER FOR CUSTOMIZABLE PVD COATINGS. THESE RATCHETS WILL COMPLETE MANUFACTURING/ASSEMBLY LATE-NOVEMBER 2023. SHIPPING WILL BE LATE NOVEMBER TO EARLY DECEMBER. IMPROVEMENTS MAY BE MADE BETWEEN NOW AND THE START OF PRODUCTION.