TRO Designs Superleggera is the Smoothest and Lightest Ratchet on the market.
Engineered to be the lowest weight possible while having exceptionally low back drag combined with good torque capability. Not certified for depths below sea level.
CONTACT US TO BE ADDED TO A PREORDER LIST. THESE RATCHETS WILL COMPLETE MANUFACTURING/ASSEMBLY MID-AUGUST 2023. SHIPPING WILL BE LATE AUGUST TO EARLY SEPTEMBER. IMPROVEMENTS MAY BE MADE BETWEEN NOW AND THE START OF PRODUCTION.
Features of the Superleggera Non-Magnetic Ratchet:
100% Non-Ferrous Design. Completely Non-Magnetic yet much stronger than the currently available MRI Tech ratchets.
Nickel-Cobalt SuperAlloy ratchet gear and pawls - Exceptional strength and ductility and because it is free from Iron, it is extremely corrosion resistant and does not require a coating.
- Tightest fit on sockets on the market - our custom CNC milled and Wire EDM (Electrical Discharge Machining) cut gears/pawls allow for incredibly tight tolerances on the square drive to the socket. So tight in fact, that Koken Zeal and Gedore sockets BARELY fit onto the square drive with nearly no play.
Titanium Chassis CNC Milled from Ti-6AL-4V (Grade 5). The highest specific strength alloy available (strength to weight ratio).
- Gloss Carbon Fiber overwrapped handle. Over 80% of the handle length is reinforced with Titanium beneath the carbon fiber - it's strong enough to stand on.
Lowest Backdrag geared mechanism on the market @ 0.6 in-oz of torque to engage the next gear tooth. Anything below 3 in-oz of torque is extremely smooth.
DMLS Titanium 3D Printed Knurled Switch for ease of use with oily hands.
- Available with Black DLC (Diamond Like Carbon) or Gold TiN (Titanium Nitride) coatings. DLC offers an extremely low coefficient of friction (0.07 -1.5) and extremely high hardness. Titanium Nitride coefficient of friction ranges (0.2-0.6).
- Custom machined Titanium Torx fasteners.
Lightest 1/4" Ratchet in production. Total weight is 55 g! Typical ratchets this size weigh 100 g.
- TSA approved for carryon luggage. 1/4" drive tool length is 127 mm (5"). If James Bond carried tools, this would be in his kit. The 007 of ratchets.
The Superleggera's (Superlight in Italian) geometry was derived from Topology Optimization to remove material where there is no stress, achieving the ultimate in stiffness to mass. Designed specifically for travelling motorcyclists - because there's some places you can only get by bike, and lighter is always better.